Case File 141 – Saran Wrapped

Hello everyone!  It’s Friday again.  Here’s this week’s CSI File –

Case File 141

 

Isn’t that image hilarious?  I immediately loved it.  Seriously, this turned out so perfect for these photos from 2011.  Here’s how I solved the case.

Case File 141 - Solved

Case File 141 – Solved

Ha… loved these photos.  So… here’s the story.  I was invited to a weekend crop, but only one person knew I was coming.  I surprised the rest of the group.  That sort of set the tone for  the whole weekend.  A couple of us started playing pranks.  It sort of turned into Summer Camp, which was pretty awesome.  The final night, 3 of us snuck out and Saran Wrapped one of the other participants cars.  Now, this was the first time I’d met any of these people, so it was something of a gamble.  Since this prank was not pre-planned, we had to improvise the Saran Wrap.  We tried to hit a grocery store to get a large quantity of Saran Wrap, but we weren’t in anyone’s home town, and we didn’t know they all closed so early!  (Seriously, 9.00 pm?!?  On a Saturday!?!)  So, we ended up getting 3 of the tiniest, and therefore most expensive, rolls of Saran Wrap you have ever seen.  Well, that’s what you get from 7-11!

It was worth it.

It was hilarious.  The next morning Laura went out to her car (she was calling it the Pa-Rocket, so we were the “Pa-Rockettes”) and we were lurking just around the corner.  She sees her car and turns to glare at us.  She thought it was pretty funny, really.  (Since then, she’s turned into my BFF, so obviously we chose our mark well!)  She started unwrapping her car, then started wrapping it around us.

The next year, we came MUCH more prepared.

So, how I made the LO:

I used one of my very favourite stencils from Crafters Warehouse (the dot pattern.  Looks like a bunch of random dots) and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink (Tim Holtz).  Then I used another Crafters Warehouse stencil (a distressed harlequin) and Embossing Paste.  I used a paint brush and Dirty Martini Dye-lutions Spray Ink (Ranger) to colour some of the diamonds.  Then I dribbled Crushed Grape Dye-lutions from the top.

The gears are a mix of Prima Wood and some chipboard that I’m not sure where they’re from.  The green is Shabby Shutters Distress Paint.  The purple is Concord Grape Distress Stain.  The clouds are edged with Shabby Shutters and Concord Grape.  I have no idea what the die brand is, unfortunately.  They were a gift.  Possibly Papertrey Ink.  The film strip in the corner is Tim Holtz.  And finally… yes, that is actual Saran Wrap I used on the page.  Here are a few close ups to check it out.

Corner Details

Corner Details

Saran Wrap Details

Saran Wrap Details

So, now it’s your turn.  Go crack that case!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s