End the of the week, again! Hope your Halloween was fun and safe.
Here’s this week’s Case File:
And here’s my LO:
Hee hee… Ok, so the story behind this is that there’s a Scrap Retreat I go to every year in Washington State. Sadly, when I move to Australia, I’ll likely not be able to attend next year. The girls knew this, so they threw me a party. And by party, I mean a roast. They know I hate pink. So they all got matching white tshirts with my photo printed up (that’s what they’re wearing), and had one made for me in pink.
When I walked in the room and found that out, I turned and ran out the door. Of course, they followed me. (This was all in good fun, mind.) Once I got cornered, Becky “forced” me into the shirt, and one of the other girls took photos.
Stripes (I think drips are stripes)
Hang Something (I REALLY wanted to put a blindfold over the little pink clad condemned woman, but… I couldn’t figure out how to do that. I’m open to suggestions!)
Jar (my Bell Jar die cut)
Clips (the moustache is a paperclip)
Something Transparent (there’s a clear bell jar over the top of the photo, plus the light bulb)
Clip your journaling to something.
The journaling is basically a condensed version of the same thing that I wrote above, so I won’t bore you with repeating it.
Here’s how I made my background:
I started off with a paint brush dipped in Picked Raspberry Distress Paint and ran it along the top of the watercolour paper. Then I sprayed the paint with some water to thin it a bit and cause the drips. I let that dry, then used some watered down inks (Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint Distress Ink) on my kraft mat, and rubbed the paper in the pools to create the colour splotches. Finally, I went over the top of the ink and paint with modeling paste and one of my favourite Crafter’s Warehouse stencils, and a bit of pen work around a few of the dots, and some stickles.
The balloons were stamped with Tim Holtz’s miniature draft stamps, and I used black embossing powder to keep ink from smudging whilst working on the balloons. I used the same diluted ink puddles on the balloons I used on the background.
The bell jar pedestal was treated with the same diluted ink puddle trick.
The wood veneers were painted with Picked Raspberry Distress Paint, the moustache and hearts with an added layer of stickles.
The Journaling Spot was stamped with Picked Raspberry and Shabby Shutters.